Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Tie With An All-Time Record Tomorrow & It's A Nightmare
There won't be any sighs of relief at the pump this week.
Drivers looking for relief from Ontario's rising gas prices likely won't find it at the pump on Wednesday.
Dan McTeague, gas analyst and president of Canadians for Affordable Energy, said on Twitter that prices could rise by 4 cents per litre on Wednesday, tying an all-time record.
Price : #GasPrices to rise 4 cts/l Wednesday to tie the all time record price @ the of 190.9 c/l for #Toronto #GTA #Ottawa #Hamilton #Niagara #Kitchener while #Barrie #LdOnt #Windsor will also rise but to 189.9.\n\n#Montreal also up 4 centshttps://GasWizard.ca— Dan McTeague (@Dan McTeague) 1651579132
The significant bump would bring prices to 190.9 cents per litre for areas including Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Niagara and Kitchener, with Windsor and Barrie set to see a smaller increase, putting prices at 189.9 cents per litre.
The last time the cities reached such highs was back in March.
According to Gas Wizard, the largest spike in prices will be in Peterborough, which will see an increase of 9.6 cents, putting prices at 186.9 cents per litre. But, despite the leap, Peterborough will be one of the most affordable places to fill up, along with Cornwall and Kingston.
Although no longer by a large margin, the most expensive places for gas will be Thunder Bay and Sudbury, where prices will be 196.9 and 192.3 cents per litre, respectively.
So, when will prices get cheaper? Well, according to experts, it won't be anytime soon.
In fact, McTeague previously told Narcity that he predicts gas prices will continue to rise before settling at $2 per litre over the summer.
The depressing news came after prices were predicted to rise for two days straight in the GTA, making for a total of 188.9 cents per litre by Saturday.
Thankfully, there are plans to combat the issue.
The Ontario government announced new legislation in April that would cut the gas tax for six months.
The gas tax would be cut by 5.7 cents per litre and the fuel tax by 5.3 cents per litre beginning July 1, 2022.
- Toronto Gas Prices Could Rise Up To $2 A Litre By The Summer ... ›
- Ontario Is Set To Lower Gas Tax Prices For 6 Months & Here's What ... ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Drop Tomorrow & Here's Where It'll Be The Cheapest - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise To Record Heights & It'll Have You Biking Everywhere - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise Again & It's The Highest The Province Has Seen - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Could Drop By 4 Cents Tomorrow & These Spots Will Be The Cheapest - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Drop This Weekend & One City Will Be Cheaper Than The Rest - Narcity ›