6 Hikes Near Vancouver That Give You All The Views Without The Effort
If you lose your breath going up the stairs, this is for you 🏔️
Sometimes you just don't want to hike straight up a mountain, for hours on end, to get a nice view. The good news is, you don't have to.
There are beginner hikes around Vancouver that give you amazing views of the water, city, mountains, or peaceful lakes.
You can immerse yourself in nature for the day, without feeling completely exhausted.
Here are six hikes for anyone who doesn't want to tackle something similar to Grouse Grind and end up dripping in sweat.
Address: Murrin Provincial Park
Why You Need To Go: This is a gorgeous lookout in Squamish, and the hike there is quick. The round trip is only 2.4 km, and even though it's a bit steep at first, overall, it's definitely not the worst in the area.
Address: 1700 Mt Seymour Rd., North Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This hike is pretty quick and is on super easy terrain. It's gradual the whole way, and at the end, you get an incredible view of the city and water.
Lynn Canyon Park
Address: 3690 Park Rd., North Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: Lynn Canyon Park has a ton of easy hiking and walking trails, that will make you feel like you're in the middle of the jungle. There's a suspension bridge you can go to and a trail system you can stroll around for a relaxing day.
Address: Baden Powell Trail, North Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This is a super easy trek, on the shores of Deep Cover in North Van. It's close to Vancouver, and will only take you about 1.5 hours round trip!
Address: North Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This is a long hike at 14 kilometres, but pretty flat the whole way. You'll reach a stunning waterfall where you can sit and have a snack before turning around.
Address: 4902 Beacon Lane, West Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This is the go-to spot for a beautiful sunset view. It's a park, so you can hike around the trails and get a great view of the water.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- These 9 Haunted Spots In BC Look Creepy AF & You Can Visit If ... ›
- Canyon Lights Is Back & It Has Magically Transformed A Huge ... ›
- 8 Surreal Places In BC That Will Make You Feel Like You're In ... ›
- This Hike Is 30 Minutes From Vancouver & It's Like Walking In A November Winter Wonderland - Narcity ›
- A Climber Is Suing His Tour Guide For An Alleged Near-Fatal Fall At Glacier National Park - Narcity ›
- This Hike 30 Minutes From Vancouver Is Perfect In The Winter & You Can See The Entire City - Narcity ›
- 8 Surreal Places In BC That Will Help You Forget About Being In A Pandemic - Narcity ›
- 9 Gorgeous Sunset Walks Near Vancouver That Are The Perfect Winter Warmer - Narcity ›
- This Hiking Trail Near Vancouver Has Stunning Blue Water & Gorgeous Views - Narcity ›
- This Secret Lookout In Vancouver Has A Panoramic View Of The Pacific Ocean & Mountains - Narcity ›
- This Is The Perfect Hike To Do In Vancouver The Minute You Step Off The Plane - Narcity ›
- This 13.8 km BC Hike Leads You Through An Enchanting Forest Straight To A Magical Waterfall - Narcity ›
- This National Park In BC Is Among The 'Best Places To Stargaze' In Canada & It Looks Surreal - Narcity ›
- Here's What's Open & Closed This Canada Day 2022 In BC - Narcity ›