The 5 Best Sushi Restaurants In Vancouver According To One Of The City's Top Chefs
Check out these drool-worthy picks! 🍣
If you're looking for the best sushi restaurants in Vancouver, it's your lucky day.
One of the city's top chefs, Kazuhiro Hayashi, gave Narcity the inside scoop on where to go for some amazing sushi.
Vancouver offers some of the finest and freshest sushi places around and was even ranked the top city for sushi lovers in the entire world — outside of Japan, of course.
Hayashi is the executive chef at one of Vancouver's most beloved sushi restaurants, Miku.
He is originally from Kyoto, Japan, starting his career in Canada first as a dishwasher in a sushi restaurant and building his path all the way to head sushi chef.
The Miku website says he drew inspiration from his father throughout his career and brings an "inherent creative and artistic flair to the Miku team."
Not only does the food look absolutely mouth-watering and high quality at the restaurant, but it also has stunning views of the ocean.
When Chef Hayashi is not at Miku or cooking at home, he can also be found at Miku's sister restaurant, Minami.
Narcity was lucky enough to get his opinion on the best sushi finds in the city — which he enjoys when he is not at his own restaurant, of course.
Sushi Bar Ajisai
Address: 2081 W. 42nd Ave., Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This popular restaurant offers fresh seasonal selections. Ajisai has a special assorted sashimi dish that includes albacore tuna, red tuna, hamachi, salmon, octopus, white fish, sweet prawn and scallop.
Sushi By Yuji
Address: 2252 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This small, quaint sushi bar in South Vancouver has a great sake list, beautiful sushi spreads and delicious assorted sashimi.
Tetsu Sushi Bar
Address: 775 Denman St., Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This is an intimate sushi bar inspired by Japan. Currently, the restaurant is offering Himi Kanburi (winter yellowtail), as their seasonal dish. They are also known for their Omakase.
Stem Japanese Eatery
Address: 5205 Rumble St., Burnaby, BC
Why You Need To Go: The restaurant serves up a "traditional Japanese cuisine with a twist," according to the website. They also display and style their sushi dishes beautifully.
Address: 1118 Mainland St., Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: Minami serves up amazing fresh sushi and unique cocktails. The aburi sushi that is flame-seared with signature sauce looks incredible.
- This Italian Restaurant In Vancouver Serves Your Pasta In A Giant ... ›
- 5 Epic Food Deals That You Can Find At This Vancouver Foodie ... ›
- The 5 Best Restaurants In Vancouver For Japanese Food, Picked By ... ›
- This Vancouver Restaurant Was Just Ranked The #2 Top Place To Eat In All Of Canada For 2022 - Narcity ›
- This Vancouver Restaurant Was Just Named The #2 Top Place To Eat In All Of Canada For 2022 - Narcity ›
- This Vancouver Restaurant Was Named The 2nd Best Place To Eat In All Of Canada In 2022 - Narcity ›
- 7 All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Restaurants In Vancouver If You're On A Budget & Hungry AF - Narcity ›
- You Can Get Sushi Delivered On A 'Bullet Train' At This Restaurant In Vancouver - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Has A New Japanese-Italian Fusion Restaurant & It's A Mouthwatering Combo - Narcity ›
- 6 Of The Best Restaurants In Vancouver To Get Avocado Toast, According To A Top Food Blogger - Narcity ›
- 7 Ridiculously Delicious Korean Fried Chicken Restaurants In BC According To A Top Food Blogger - Narcity ›