A Vancouver Restaurant's Dishwasher Job Ad Has Gone Viral Because It Pays A Heck Of A Lot
A job posting for a dishwasher at a Vancouver restaurant is gaining plenty of attention for its well above average pay — $50,000 a year to be exact.
The Indeed job posting is for a dishwasher at Handi Grill. The posting said: "Pay per hour will be $25.00 for 40 hours per week. This is a permanent full-time position. No Experience or education is required, and training will be provided to the eligible candidate."
Currently, the minimum wage in B.C. is $15.20, so this is almost $10 an hour above that rate.
The idea of making this kind of salary with no experience necessary is making some consider a career change.
Users on Reddit are responding to the posting with disbelief.
Most are comparing their own careers.
It's definitely making people re-think how much they make.
- Entry-Level Health Care Jobs In BC: Province Will Pay ... - Vancouver ›
- Canada Post Has Jobs For The Holiday Season In BC & You Don't ... ›
- 6 Remote Jobs In BC That Will Pay You Over $100K To ... - Vancouver ›
- 6 Jobs In BC That Will Pay You $100K Or More & You Don't Need A Degree - Narcity ›
- Seth Rogen Goes To These Places When He Visits Home & Most Vancouverites Will Know Them Too - Narcity ›
- FedEx Jobs For The Holidays Just Dropped & Some In BC Have A $2K Sign On Bonus - Narcity ›
- 7 Remote Jobs That Are Hiring In Vancouver Right Now & Some Pay Over $93K A Year - Narcity ›
- This Cannabis Farm In BC Is Hiring & These 7 Jobs Don't Even Require A Degree - Narcity ›
- Amazon Is Hiring For A Bunch Of Roles In BC & So Many Don't Require A Degree - Narcity ›
- You Can Get Paid To Try On Lululemon Clothes & It's The Perfect Side Hustle - Narcity ›