"Last week I went to Canada..."
For many Canadians, Tim Hortons is a delightful part of life with which we grew up – but that doesn't mean everyone is a fan of the iconic fast food chain.
American stand-up comic and writer Jonathan Tillson recently travelled north of the border and shared some seriously spicy takes about our beloved Timmies.
"Last week I went to Canada so I had to go to Tim Hortons because all the Canadians told me I got to try Tim Hortons," he said on Twitter.
"So I did and I have to say, it's really just Dunkin' Donuts."
\u201cIf you\u2019ve never been to Tim Hortons, this answers every question you might have\u201d— Jonathan Tillson (@Jonathan Tillson) 1660603861
While Tillson notes that it's cuter and friendlier than the American donut chain, he says it's "really just the same manufactured product."
"It's Dunkin' Donuts if all the customers had health care," he continued. "It's the same demo as Dunkin' — people who like cream and sugar more than they like the taste of coffee."
He also noted that there were a "good number of construction workers" and some cute decorations.
"They put the little hockey lines on the table so it was like a little ice rink. They put a maple leaf on all the cups. But in the end, it's still just fast food masquerading as a coffee shop," Tillson explained.
That being said, he says that Tims "hasn't quite lost its soul yet" as Dunkin' has.
"People act like all Canadians like Tim Hortons, kind of like people think all people from Massachusetts like Dunkin' Donuts but it's really only a certain group," he said before listing them out.
"It's plow drivers. It's women who get into fistfights. It's people who cry at the end of Top Gun."
He finished his review with some words of wisdom for his favourite chain: "Go to Starbucks."
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- I Ordered A 'Wayne Gretzky' Coffee From Tim Hortons & It Tastes ... ›
- 6 Ways A Tim Hortons Employee Says Customers Are Ordering ... ›
- Tim Hortons' Fall Menu Is Back With So Much Pumpkin Spice ... ›
- 6 Tim Hortons Hacks From TikTok That Actually Sound Good & Everyone Should Try At Least Once - Narcity ›
- A Ukrainian Refugee Shared His Fav Tim Hortons Donut & Says Canadians Have Been 'Hiding' It - Narcity ›
- A Ukrainian Refugee Shared His Fav Tim Hortons Donut & Joked Canadians Haven't Been 'Honest' - Narcity ›
- These TikToks Show People Trying Tim Hortons For The First Time & There Are Some Spicy Takes - Narcity ›
- This TikToker Explained A Canadian Stereotype That's Actually True & She Has A Point (VIDEO) - Narcity ›