Johnny Depp Is Done Testifying About Amber Heard & These Were The Most Shocking Moments
Amber Heard still has to tell her side of it.
Johnny Depp wrapped up his testimony about Amber Heard in their defamation trial this week and the internet is still sifting through all the shocking moments that came out of the first part of their televised court battle.
Depp is suing Heard over a 2018 op-ed she wrote for the Washington Post in which she claims that she was a victim of domestic abuse. Although she never specifically mentioned Depp, the Pirates of the Caribbean actor's lawyers say it clearly points to him.
Depp is seeking $50 million in damages and Heard is countersuing him for $100 million in a case that's playing out in a Virginia courtroom and is available to stream live online via Court TV.
Here are some of the moments that captivated the internet during Depp's testimony, with Heard expected to take the stand later on in the trial.
Poop in Johnny Depp's bed
Depp revealed in court that he believed Heard was responsible for the feces that was found in their shared bed after he told her he wanted to end their marriage.
The issue came up in a previous U.K. court battle between the two.
Depp said his housekeeper sent him a photo of fecal matter that was left in the bed. Depp said that Heard tried to blame the incident on their dogs, but that didn't make sense to him.
"It was so outside, it was so bizarre and so grotesque that I could only laugh," said Depp.
Is Amber Heard copying Johnny Depp's outfits?
Trial-watchers spotted a few similarities between Depp's outfits and Heard's in the early days of the trial. Some even suggested that Heard was copying Depp's looks the following day, in what they claimed might be a kind of mind game.
Social media users pointed out that Heard seemed to copy Depp by wearing a tie with a bee lapel pin after Depp had worn a similar one. On other days, she wore a grey suit similar to one he had worn the day prior, and a black ensemble after he had worn a dark suit.
Is it actually a thing though?
We took a look at their outfits over the last two weeks and while there are definitely some similarities over the first few days, the pattern doesn't hold up in the long term, especially when Heard starts wearing dresses instead of suits.
Johnny Depp arguing with Amber Heard's lawyer
Amber Heard's lawyer, Ben Rottenborn, spent a few days cross-examining Johnny Depp on the stand, and many of the exchanges between the two later ended up on TikTok.
Observers caught Rottenborn fumbling with his documents several times and videos show Depp appearing to become impatient with the lawyer's repeated questions.
Internet users put the exchanges into several supercuts.
One clip shows Rottenborn going through Depp's texts and asking over and over: "Did I read that right?"
There was also one head-scratching moment when Rottenborn asked another witness a question, then objected to his own question mid-answer.
"You asked the question," the judge said, as Depp and many others appeared to laugh.
Johnny Depp's severed fingertip
Depp's testimony included his description of a fight he said he had with Heard when the two were living in Australia. Depp said his fingertip was severed on glass from a bottle that Heard had thrown at him.
Around the same time, Depp visited a children's hospital in Australia dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. One of the children asked what happened to his fingertip and he responded in character, saying that he got hungry and ate it.
Depp told the court that he lied to doctors about how it happened.
Amber Heard's secret video
Heard's lawyer presented a video that she secretly recorded of Depp, in which he appears to smash and kick things in a kitchen before pouring himself a large glass of wine.
"I did assault a couple of cabinets but I did not touch Ms. Heard," Depp said in court.
Depp then appeared to be amused by Rottenborn describing his glass of wine as a "mega pint."
Johnny Depp's texts with Paul Bettany
Amber Heard's lawyers questioned Depp at length about texts he sent to and about Heard during their relationship. One big moment from that line of questioning came when they read out his texts to friend Paul Bettany.
"Let's burn Amber!" Depp wrote to Bettany in a 2013 exchange, before he and Heard were married.
"Having thought it through I don't think we should burn Amber," Bettany said.
The texts got more graphic after that.
Depp claimed in court that he was making a reference to a Monty Python skit with the text.
Testimony is expected to continue into May, with Heard slated to take the stand at some point before the jury makes its decision.
- Amber Heard Brought Johnny Depp's Texts To Court & Some Of ... ›
- Amber Heard's 'Bruise' Makeup Brand Is Calling Her Out For A ... ›
- Johnny Depp Testified That Amber Heard Left Poop In His Bed & 'It ... ›
- A Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Witness Vaped Through His Testimony & The Judge Was Just Stunned - Narcity ›
- Amber Heard Admitted To Leaving Poop In Johnny Depp's Bed According To His Driver In Court - Narcity ›
- Amber Heard Said Johnny Depp Hit Her For Laughing At His Tattoo In Her First Testimony - Narcity ›
- Amber Heard Testified That Johnny Depp Did A 'Cavity Search' On Her & Accused Her Of Cheating - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp Almost Came Face To Face With Amber Heard In Court & It Was So Uncomfortable - Narcity ›
- TikTok Is Obsessed With Amber Heard's 'Dog Stepped On A Bee' Clip & Here's Where It's From - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp Is Set To Testify Again & Amber Heard's Sister Was Just Added As A Witness - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp's 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Future Is 'TBD' & Margot Robbie Might Take Over - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp Lawyer Camille Vasquez Keeps Objecting In Court & Here's What We Know About Her - Narcity ›
- Courtney Love Says Backing Johnny Depp Was 'Wrong' & She Didn't Mean To Do It In Public - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp Gave A Surprise Performance At A UK Concert & Fans Say It Was 'Awesome' - Narcity ›
- Kate Moss Showed Up At Johnny Depp's Latest Concert & He Keeps Playing These Random Gigs - Narcity ›
- The Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Trial Is Over & These Are Their Comeback Movie Roles - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp Celebrated His Win Over Amber Heard & Said 'The Jury Gave Me My Life Back' - Narcity ›
- Amber Heard's Lawyer Says The Actress Was 'Demonized' & She Can't Pay Johnny Depp's $8M - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp Just Joined TikTok & His First Video Is A Thank-You To His 'Treasured' Fans - Narcity ›
- Johnny Depp's LA Penthouse With Amber Heard Is For Sale & We Heard A Lot About It In The Trial - Narcity ›