The changes are taking off today! ✈️
Attention all Air Canada passengers: if you're travelling out of Pearson Airport anytime soon, you'll have to check in earlier now.
As of today, October 13, Air Canada is asking passengers flying out of YYZ to check in and drop off their bags 90 minutes before their flight is expected to take off. This deadline applies to everyone who is flying to the U.S. or to an international destination.
1/3 Starting Oct. 13, to reduce congestion at security and customs, the check-in and baggage drop-off deadline wil… https://t.co/61i1qyW32i— Air Canada (@Air Canada) 1633720934.0
There will also be a brand new queue system for passengers departing to the U.S. before noon in order to help with the flow. "After you check-in, look for the signage to see which queue you should enter for your flight," the airline tweeted on October 8.
"The aim is to ensure customers have adequate time to catch their flights and to improve customer flow at the airport," an Air Canda spokesperson told Narcity via email, adding that the new deadline will aim to reduce congestion at security and customs. "Prior to this, the cut-off was 60 minutes."
A spokesperson for Pearson Aiport told Narcity via email that they aren't aware of any other airlines making changes to their check-in times.
Earlier this summer, travellers landing at Pearson Airport complained about the long lines at customs and criticized the baggage claim process.
- Pearson Airport Wants You To Know These 6 Things Before The ... ›
- I Flew Out Of Pearson Airport After The New Travel Rules Kicked In ... ›
- Air Canada's 2022 Flight Schedule Just Dropped & There Are So Many European Destinations - Narcity ›
- Air Canada's Toronto Office Is Hiring Flight Attendants For $28 An Hour & You Might Qualify - Narcity ›
- These Cheap Flights From Vancouver Will Take You Across Canada For Under $150 Next Month - Narcity ›
- Hong Kong Bans Air Canada Flights From Vancouver But Is Allowing Toronto Pearson Routes In - Narcity ›