RIP your wallet.
Ontario gas prices aren't just going to be bad this week, they're set to be the highest in the province's history thanks to another spike.
Dan McTeague, gas analyst and president of Canadians for Affordable Energy, announced in a tweet on Tuesday that prices will rise another 2 cents by Thursday, bringing the total to a jarring 144.9 cents per litre.
#GASPRICE UPDATE: After rising 2 cents Wednesday, gas prices rise another 2 cts/lThursday to set an all-time record… https://t.co/7oJYfGKYgR— Dan McTeague (@Dan McTeague) 1633468820.0
McTeague also noted that the increase will set an all-time record, so if you've been procrastinating filling up your tank, you might want to do that today.
Motorists hoping to luck out and find cheaper pumps will have a hard time as affected areas include, Toronto, Ottawa, Windsor, Kingston, Sudbury, Barrie, Niagara and more.
It was previously reported that gas prices would rise by 2 cents today bringing the total to 142.9 cents per litre, marking the highest they've been since 2014.
This article’s cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Gas Prices In Ontario Set To Be The Highest In Over 2 Years - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices To Rise The Highest In 7 Years - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Spike This Week & Will Be The ... ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise This Week & Will Be The Highest Ever - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise This Week & Here's The Best Time To Fill Up - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise Again This Week & 1 City Will Be The Most Expensive - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Drop & Here's The Best Time & Place To Fill Up Your Tanks - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise This Week & RIP Your Wallets If You Live In This 1 City - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Dropping By 11 Cents A Litre & Here's The Best Time To Fill Up - Narcity ›