Some spots could get hit with 10 centimetres of snow.
According to The Weather Network (TWN), Friday morning will be "brutally cold," with the daytime temperature dropping to as low as -26 in regions like Ottawa and Bancroft.
Environment Canada issued 11 extreme cold weather warnings for Southern Ontario, including for areas like Belleville and Peterborough.
As if that wasn't miserable enough, northern areas such as Dryden and Kenora are also in for snowfall accumulations of 5 to 10 centimetres, with drivers being warned to adjust travel plans due to hazardous winter driving conditions.
"Dress warmly. Dress in layers that you can remove if you get too warm. The outer layer should be wind resistant," the government department advises.
"Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill. If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside," it adds.
The weekend won't be much better, with possible flurries across Southern and Eastern Ontario on Saturday, with conditions expected to push through into Sunday morning.
Meanwhile, next week, the province will see a persistent cold pattern set in, forcing residents to layer up and avoid too much outdoor exposure.
"Both daytime and nighttime temperatures will remain below seasonal into next week. A clipper system could arrive in southern Ontario early in the week, but it's too soon for details on any potential impacts," TWN says.
- Ontario's Winter Weather Could Be Some Of The Worst In 25 Years ... ›
- The Weather In Canada Is Freezing RN & These Spots Are Among The Coldest In The World - Narcity ›
- The Weather In Ontario Is About To Get Dangerous With 'Heavy' & 'Intense' Bursts Of Snow ›
- Ontarians Warned To Postpone Travel & School Buses Cancelled As Major Snow Hits Some Spots - Narcity ›
- Schools Are Shutting Down & Cars Are In Ditches As More Snow Hits Parts Of Ontario - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Is Predicting Even More Snow Today & Some Parts Could Get 2 cm An Hour - Narcity ›