Be very careful on the roads!
Brace yourself! Some seriously cold weather will be hitting southern Ontario today, and you'll definitely want to make sure you're either bundled up or safe inside.
"Snow squalls could lead to dangerous driving conditions in parts of southern Ontario Sunday, preceding a clipper that will arrive Monday and a shot of frigid air by mid-week," says The Weather Network of the forecast for January 23 and into the coming week.
TWN warns that "heavy and intense bursts of snow" are expected on Sunday with multiple snow squall warnings and travel advisories in place across the snowbelt areas.
Significant Weather Outlook for Ontario valid for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. #ONstormpic.twitter.com/G0PqU6flUK— ECCC Weather Ontario (@ECCC Weather Ontario) 1642881067
To make matters worse, there will be northwesterly winds with gusts reaching up to 50 km/h. Up to 4 centimetres of snow per hour is also expected, bringing with it "significantly reduced visibility" on the roads.
"Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions," Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) says in the snow squall warning.
"Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Road closures are possible."
Into Sunday evening, a clipper will approach the region, which will bring about 5 centimetres of fresh snow to many areas in southern Ontario on Monday, January 24.
The weather agency warns that the snowy conditions will likely impact the afternoon and evening commute, but the snowfall should ease around the GTA after midnight.
As for the rest of the week, it's going to be chilly, with temperatures expected to dip into the -20s.
Stay safe, everyone!
This article’s cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Ontario's Weather Set To Be The Coldest In Years This Weekend & It ... ›
- A Toronto Man Walked 12 km To See His Girlfriend In A Blizzard ... ›
- A Toronto Family Handed Out Coffee & Food To People Stranded ... ›
- Extreme Cold Warnings Are Hitting Parts Of Ontario Today & It Could Dip Down To -45 C - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Calls For Bone-Chilling Cold & 20 cm Of Snow In Some Areas Today - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Calls For Freezing Rain Today & It's Making Commutes Slippery AF - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Predicts 15 cm Of Snow & Freezing Temperatures This Week - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Will Be A Snowy, Rainy Mess Tonight & Driving Is Going To Suck - Narcity ›
- Ontario Weather Could Result In Floods This Week & Commutes Will Be Messy AF - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Is Getting Hit With Extreme Cold Warnings & It Could Feel Like -45 C - Narcity ›
- Ontario Police Are Warning Drivers To 'Slow Down' As Rain & Snow Cover The Roads - Narcity ›
- A GO Station Shut Down Due To Flooding & The Tunnel Was Filled With Water (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Is Calling For Even More Snow Today & Can It Just Stop - Narcity ›
- Ontario’s Snowstorm Has Buried Some Cities & It’s Still Falling (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›