Ontario's Snow Is Creating Awful Driving Conditions & More Is On The Way
OPP says over 20 collisions have already occurred.
Ontario's snow arrived with a vengeance on Tuesday morning with motorists being warned to use caution due to awful driving conditions.
Affected areas will include Huntsville, Orillia, and Coboconk, which are currently at the most risk for snow squalls Tuesday morning, with popular spots like Muskoka following close behind.
In fact, Bracebridge OPP reported that they had responded to 20 motor vehicle collisions between Monday and early Tuesday, which officers believe could've been prevented if drivers had adjusted to changing weather conditions.
Police are now asking drivers to take precautions and give themselves extra travel time to prepare for the increasingly icy roads.
Snow is expected to continue throughout the day, and some regions near Thunder Bay could even see up to 20 centimetres.
Ontario's winter weather is set to be some of the worst in 25 years
The Weather Network has revealed that the province is expected to see more wintry weather this season, especially leading up to the holidays.
In fact, it could be some of the worst weather in 25 years with an "abundance of lake-effect snow" expected.
The Farmer's Almanac has predicted that Toronto is expected to have a cooler than normal November, with temperatures sitting around -2 C.
Snow is also expected to hit the 6ix multiple times throughout the month. So it might be time to pull out your winter jacket.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Ontario's Winter Weather Forecast Was Just Revealed ... - Toronto ›
- Ontario's Winter Weather Could Be Some Of The Worst In ... - Toronto ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Will Be Full Of Snow & Cold ... - Toronto ›
- GTA Roads Are So Bad RN That Multiple Collisions Are Being Reported (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Ontario Police Are Responding To So Many Winter Accidents This Week Because Of The Snow - Narcity ›
- Ontario Roads Are Awful This Morning & Police Responded To Over 200 Collisions (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›