Canada's New 'Ultra-Affordable Airline' Takes Off In April & It Keeps Adding More Routes
The airline recently announced a "major expansion" in Ontario. 👇
If you're looking for cheap flights in Canada, this could be for you! Canada's new "ultra-affordable" airline Lynx Air will be taking off for the first time in April, and it's already announced a "major expansion."
If you haven't heard of it yet, Lynx Air is a new Canadian airline that burst onto the scene back in November 2021.
The company, which is using an "ultra low-cost carrier model," is promising low fares, brand new aircraft and great customer service.
While its first flight doesn't take off until April 7, the airline had already expanded its network to reach six Canadian cities in total: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Kelowna and Victoria.
On March 17, it confirmed "a major expansion out of the Toronto region," with four new destinations and five new routes. The airline's destinations now also include Hamilton, Halifax, St. John's and Edmonton.
Discover more of Canada at a great price! Head to https://flylynx.com\u00a0 today.pic.twitter.com/VFOD0Kwuaq— Pearson Corporate / Entreprise Pearson (@Pearson Corporate / Entreprise Pearson) 1647549613
In a statement, the airline's CEO confirmed that by the end of July 2022, the airline will be operating 92 flights per week in and out of the Toronto area, which is more than 17,000 seats each week.
In February, Lynx Air also added more flights in B.C. and Alberta. Flights between places like Victoria and Calgary start at just $49 one way, while trips between Vancouver and Calgary also start at under $50.
Other cheap routes available for booking right now include Hamilton to Halifax for $59, Toronto to Edmonton for $59, Kelowna to Vancouver for $39 and Toronto to St. John's for $119, among many others.
Dreaming of a spring getaway to YVR? Now is your time! Book a hotel stay with a participating Richmond or Vancouver hotel, and you can receive a $100 flight voucher for your flight with @Lynx_Air. This is a limited time offer, so act fast and book today: https://www.destinationvancouver.com/lynx/\u00a0pic.twitter.com/uMPqYBxcfw— YVR (@YVR) 1648229111
The carrier's first official flight will go from Calgary to Vancouver on Thursday, April 7.
As the opening date comes closer, the company has been launching flash sales and discounts to encourage travellers to take a trip with Lynx, including one valid right now for travel in April.
When the company launched, the CEO said the cheap fare structure is based on "simplicity, efficiency and empowering customers to pay for what they want and nothing more."
Those who want to venture further than the destinations listed are in luck, too. Lynx Air apparently has plans to expand its routes into the U.S. and eventually even further.
These prices are confirmed at the time of publishing, but they can change at any time.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- WestJet Is Buying Sunwing & It Means 'More Affordable Fares' For ... ›
- 'Ultra-Low Fare' Airline Swoop Announced A Bunch Of New Flights ... ›
- Pearson Airport Is Getting Some Cheap Flights Across Canada ... ›
- You Can Travel All Over Canada With VIA Rail & One-Way Ticket Prices Start At Just $50 - Narcity ›
- I Ranked These 7 Canadian Airlines By School Grades & 1 Should Definitely Get Detention - Narcity ›
- Air Canada Is Having A One-Day Sale On Flights To Europe & A Roundtrip To Paris Is Just $781 - Narcity ›
- Canada's New 'Ultra-Affordable' Airline Is Having A Sale & Round Trip Flights Cost Under $100 - Narcity ›
- Canada's 'Ultra-Low Fare' Airline Swoop Has A One-Day Sale & You Can Book Flights From $39 - Narcity ›
- I Flew With Canada's New 'Ultra-Affordable' Lynx Air & It's Like The Dollarama Of Airlines - Narcity ›
- 6 Things That Surprised Me About Flying With Canada's New 'Ultra-Affordable' Lynx Air - Narcity ›
- Canada's 'Leading Ultra-Low-Cost Airline' Is Expanding This Summer & Here's Where You Can Fly - Narcity ›
- Lynx Air Is Having A 50% Off Sale Right Now & It Just Added Two Brand New Routes - Narcity ›
- Canada Is Getting A Brand New 'Ultra-Affordable' Airline & Here's What We Know So Far - Narcity ›