A Mom Shared Her Unusual Parenting Rules On TikTok & People Have So Many Strong Feelings
She even asks for '"consent" before changing her son's diaper.
The generation of new parents is bringing with them a set of new parenting rules, and It seems like sharing is no longer caring.
TikTok user @c.maxxy posted about the rules she has in place for her one-year-old son, and people can't seem to agree on how they feel about them.
The TikToker, Corrie, shares her set of four rules that she's put in place, and even the grandparents aren't exempt from following them.
"My son doesn't have alone time with anyone that doesn't respect our rules and boundaries, including grandparents, and I've been asked what those are," said Corrie during the video.
#youngmom #teenprenancy #boundries #toddler #nosugar #sugarfree #toddlermom #screentime #momrules #rules
The first rule is that her son is strictly sugar-free unless it's her who's giving him the sugar.
"I consider my son sugar-free," shared Corrie. "I give him sugar because I can limit the amount he has, but as a general rule, no one else is allowed to give him sugar."
According to Corrie, the following rule is a little more unusual and even "causes a lot of tension."
The rule is that "he never has to share anything."
Yup, you read that right. According to Corrie's parenting style, sharing is not always caring, so her son doesn't have to follow the age-old rule that most people are used to being taught from a young age.
"If he's bringing a toy to dinner at his grandparent's house, he doesn't have to share with his cousins," explained Corrie. "That extends to the playground and other situations."
The third rule is about consent, which is definitely important to teach children from a young age, but some people in the comment section think Corrie takes it a step too far.
Corrie shared, "It's not that people can't hug and kiss [her] son but ask him first. He knows the difference between yes and no."
However, consent is so important to Corrie that she asks for his consent before doing anything, including when she's changing his diaper/
The last rule is one that most new parents are probably going to adapt as more and more technology takes over our daily life routine, which is limiting screen time.
"He's a year old; he doesn't need to be watching T.V. all day," said Corrie.
People in the comment section had pretty strong opinions about Corrie's parenting rules.
One person in the comment section asked, "Why bring a toy that his cousins cant play with??"
"These type of rules create the worst of the worst," said another user.
However, not everyone disagrees with Corrie's rules.
A user commented, "I admire your parenting," which received over 4k likes, which means many people are on the same page as Corrie.
"Absolutely no problem w any of this tbh its good," said another user.
It's safe to say parenting will look a whole lot more different in the coming years.
- A Woman Says Her Friend Charged Her For A Home-Cooked Meal ... ›
- TikTok Just Woke Up To A Military Life Hack That Helps You Fall ... ›
- A TikTok Hack For Broccoli Is Blowing Up & The Debate Is Getting ... ›
- A Guy Didn't Tip For A $3 Coffee & The TikTok Video Is Dividing The ... ›
- A Woman On Reddit Says Her Bestie's Husband 'Made A Pass' At Her & She Got Blamed For It - Narcity ›
- A TikTok User Put A Condom On Their Leg Just To Fact-Check Men Who Claim They're 'Too Big' - Narcity ›
- An Elderly Couple Is Suing Their Son For Not Having Kids & They Want A Grandchild Or $650K - Narcity ›
- A Woman On TikTok Says Roommates Charged Her For Slices Of Pizza & Her Revenge Was Perfect - Narcity ›
- Here’s What The 'Soft Swinging' Culture Is Like In Utah & Ex-Mormons Explained It On TikTok - Narcity ›
- A TikToker In An Open Marriage With Husband & GF Says 'Love Is An Infinite Resource' - Narcity ›
- Alicia Silverstone Says She Still Sleeps With Her Son At Age 11 & She's 'Following Nature' - Narcity ›
- A TikToker Filmed A Child Left Alone In A Car & It Sparked A Debate Online - Narcity ›
- It’s Normal To Let Your Baby Nap Outside In Denmark & TikTok Is Shook By The Cultural Divide - Narcity ›
- A TikTok Dad Tried To Buy 'Pads With Wings' For His Daughter & It Was The Sweetest Fail - Narcity ›
- A Mom Refused To Give Her Kid 'Fairy Bread' & TikTokers Are Mocking Her 'Compost On Toast' - Narcity ›
- A Mom Shared What 'Nobody Tells You About Giving Birth' & TikTokers Are Rethinking Kids - Narcity ›
- A Fed Up Woman Is Calling For 'Adults Only' Suburbs & TikTokers Are Making Some Good Points - Narcity ›
- It's Not Illegal To Spank Kids In Canada — But Canadians Are Divided On Whether It's OK - Narcity ›
- A Parent Wants To Name Their Boy Elizabeth & Internet Users Are Melting Down Over It - Narcity ›
- A Mom Put Her Kid On A Leash At The Store & The Parenting Fights On TikTok Are Getting Wild - Narcity ›
- A Guy Made His Wife Cry Over Her Choice Of Baby Name & She's Got Many Defenders - Narcity ›
- A Mom Wants A Solo Vacation Without Her Husband Or Kids & People Say He's The Real Problem - Narcity ›