TikTokers Just Woke Up To A Military Life Hack & It Helps You Fall Asleep In Only 2 Minutes
It's way better than counting sheep! 🐑
Calling all insomniacs — we’ve found the ultimate TikTok sleeping hack, and it might be the biggest game changer of your life.
TikToker Justin Agustin recently shared a "mind-blowing" sleep technique said to be used by the U.S. military that will help you fall asleep in two minutes.
“This technique was developed in the military to allow soldiers to fall asleep at any time, any place, even on the battlefield when the environment is extremely uncomfortable, and there's a lot of noise happening,” Agustin says in the video.
Technique to falling asleep in 2 minutes! Insp. AsapSCIENCE on YT #sleep #fallasleep #insomnia #insomniac #learnontiktok #howto
He says the technique was initially developed for fighter pilots.
As for the technique itself, Agustin says it's “quite simple.” It requires a combination of physically shutting down your body and using your mind to relax.
“First, you need to calm your body and systematically relax and shut down each part of your body from head to toe, literally," he says.
He says to begin by relaxing the muscles in your forehead, moving to your eyes, cheeks and jaw, and then down to your neck and shoulders, all while focusing on your breathing.
"Make sure your shoulders are not tensed up," Agustin says. "Drop them as low as you can."
Keep your arms, hands and fingers loose by your side.
“Imagine this warm sensation going from your head all the way down to your fingertips. Now take a deep breath and slowly exhale, relaxing your chest, your stomach, down to your thighs, knees, legs and feet,” Agustin says.
At the same time, you want to clear your mind, he says.
To do this, you can think of two scenarios. The first is imagining yourself lying in a canoe on a still lake with a clear blue sky above. The second is to imagine yourself lying in a velvet hammock in a pitch-black room.
If you find yourself getting distracted, Agustin says you should repeat the following words for 10 seconds: “Don’t think.”
For this technique to work effectively, Agustin says you have to practice it every night for six weeks.
Try it for yourself, and sweet dreams!
- These TikTok Videos Will Show You Everyday Things You've Been ... ›
- This Viral TikTok Hack Shows You've Been Opening Ketchup ... ›
- 'Slugging' Is TikTok's Biggest Beauty Trend & It's Helping Vaseline Make A Comeback - Narcity ›
- This Lawyer's Top TikTok Video Shows How To Get Money Back If You're Bumped From A Flight - Narcity ›
- There's A 'Secret Button' On The IPhone & A TikTok User Just Showed Everyone How To Find It - Narcity ›
- The TikTok Instant Snow 'Hack' Actually Makes No Sense & People Keep Falling For It - Narcity ›
- A TikTok Hack For Broccoli Is Blowing Up & The Debate Is Getting Ridiculously Heated - Narcity ›
- A Mom Shared Her Unusual Parenting Rules On TikTok & People Have So Many Strong Feelings - Narcity ›
- A Study Reveals The Ideal Number Of Hours You Should Sleep & It's Possible To Get Too Much - Narcity ›
- This TikTok Beauty Hack Uses A Spoon To Curl Eyelashes & Some Say It Beats A Curler - Narcity ›
- Bridesmaids Had To Pay For A Bride's Whole Bachelorette Trip & TikTok Thinks It's Too Much - Narcity ›
- A TikTok Influencer Surprised A Starbucks Barista With Cash For A Car & It's So Heartwarming - Narcity ›
- A '90 Day Fiance' Star Told TikTok She's Selling Boob Sweat Online & Making Thousands - Narcity ›
- This DIY Plastic-Wrap Treehouse 'Hack' Is So Extra & The Internet Is Furious About It (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Brown Noise Is TikTok's Hottest Trend & Users Claim It Helps Them Sleep So Much Better - Narcity ›
- A TikTok Star's 'Random Act Of Kindness Just Backfired & A Woman Ripped It As 'Clickbait' - Narcity ›
- A TikToker Claims He Got 'Super Ripped' By Running Like A Dog & The Internet Has Questions - Narcity ›
- A Woman Ordered 150 McFlurries In A McDonald's Drive-Thru & TikTok Is Melting Down Over It - Narcity ›
- A TikToker Shared Grocery Prices In Alaska & You Don't Want To Know How Much Milk Costs - Narcity ›
- A Stripper Broke Down How Much Money She Makes & It’s Pretty Stunning For 2 Nights A Week - Narcity ›
- A TikToker Says She Hasn't Kissed Her BF In Two Years & The Internet Has Many Questions - Narcity ›
- A Woman Used Henna To Make Her Lips Look Bigger & TikTok Is 'Obsessed' With The Result - Narcity ›
- A TikToker Was Paid $40K By A Couple To Carry Their Baby & She Filmed The Entire Journey - Narcity ›
- Controversial Kickboxer Andrew Tate Slid Into A TikToker's DMs & Her Reaction Got Her Blocked - Narcity ›
- TikTok Star Gabbie Hanna Posted Over 100 Videos In A Day & Fans Want Her To 'Get Help' - Narcity ›
- TikTokers Claim Brita-Filtered Vodka Is So Much Better & Here's What Taste-Testers Say - Narcity ›
- This TikTok Hack Shows You've Been Peeling Oranges Wrong Your Whole Life - Narcity ›
- A Server Is Trying The 'Envelope Saving Challenge' To Buy A Car & TikTokers Have Questions - Narcity ›
- A TikToker Caught The Real Person Behind A Creepy Burner Account & Here's How You Can Do It - Narcity ›