Some Air Fryers Are Being Recalled In Canada & You Can Get A Free Replacement Without A Receipt
This recall is happening because of a potential fire hazard.
There is a recall in Canada for certain air fryers because of a potential fire hazard and you can get a free replacement even if you don't have a receipt.
With this air fryer recall, the wire connectors in the products can overheat which causes a potential burn and fire hazard.
The affected products were sold from March 2019 to December 2022.
As of February 2023, the company has received 56 reports in Canada of the air fryers catching fire, burning, melting, overheating and smoking along with four reports in Canada of minor, superficial burn injuries.
The recalled products include the 5.8-quart, 3.7-quart and smart 5.8-quart models along with others.
Health Canada has a full list of the products, model numbers and batch numbers that are part of the recall so you can figure out if your air fryer is included.
You can find the model number on the bottom label of each air fryer or in the user manual and the batch number on the bottom of the air fryer or at the back below the rear exhaust vent.
If you have a Cosori Air Fryer that's part of this recall, you should stop using the product and request a free replacement unit online or by phone at 1-888-216-5974 from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. ET and 5 p.m. ET.
No receipt is required to get a replacement air fryer.
You just need to submit a few details including your information, the air fryer's model and batch number, photos of the product and where you bought it.
This is part of a joint recall between Health Canada, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, PROFECO and Etekcity Corporation.
Just over 250,000 affected Cosori Air Fryers were sold in Canada while more than two million were sold in the U.S. and over 21,000 were sold in Mexico.
There have been quite a few recalls in Canada recently including food items like President's Choice cheese and Costco Kirkland pasta, Disney toys, unauthorized products used for skin lightening, weight loss and sexual enhancement, and more.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Health Canada Has Added Several Items To Their Food Recall List Due To Glass, E. Coli & More ›
- Several Foods Are Being Recalled In Canada & 2 Are Due To 'Pieces Of Plastic' & 'Wood' In Them ›
- LCBO Recalls Wine Over 'Possible Presence Of Glass' & Here's What You Need To Know ›
- A Power Bank Sold Through Amazon Canada Is Being Recalled Due To A 'Fire Hazard' - Narcity ›
- Some High Chairs In Canada Are Being Recalled & You Can Get A Free Replacement Or Store Credit - Narcity ›
- Health Canada Recalled A Chocolate Brand Sold In Ontario & It Could Cause A Serious Reaction - Narcity ›
- Snowblowers Sold At Canadian Tire Are Being Recalled Due To An Electric Shock Risk - Narcity ›
- Certain Baby Clothes Are Being Recalled In Canada Because Of A Potential Choking Hazard - Narcity ›
- Certain YETI Products Are Being Recalled In Canada & You Can Get A Gift Card If You Have One - Narcity ›
- Health Canada Has Added 6 Items To Their Food Recall List Due To Allergens & Listeria - Narcity ›
- Health Canada Warns That A Baby Gate Sold Through Amazon Canada May Pose A Choking Hazard - Narcity ›
- Canada Has Recalled A Bunch Of Energy Drinks Including Some Of The Top Brands - Narcity ›
- 5 Food Items Are Being Recalled In Canada & One Is Due To Dangerous Bacteria - Narcity ›