TikTokers Keep Ordering A 'Wayne Gretzky' At Tim Hortons & Apparently It's 'Gross' (VIDEOS)
That's a LOT of sugar. 😵 🇨🇦
Nine sugars, anyone? Canadians on TikTok keep ordering a "Wayne Gretzky" at Tim Hortons and the off-menu item actually looks pretty gross!
While we're all guilty of occasionally having too many sugars and creams in our coffee, this unconventional order takes sweet and creamy to a whole new level.
According to some TikTokers, a Wayne Gretzky style coffee — or a "Gretter" — comes with nine sugars and nine creams, honouring the former NHL superstar who used to play with a number 99 jersey.
It's not officially on the menu, although Timmies employees appear to know exactly what the order is in many of the videos online.
Asking Tim Hortons for a gretzky 9x9 coffee 😂😂 #areyouokay #foryou
Videos of Canadian TikTokers ordering the sugary beverage have been circulating since as early as 2019, with one particular video going viral.
In the clip, which has been viewed over 789,000 times, a customer can be seen approaching the drive-thru and asking for a "medium Gretzky coffee."
A whole bunch of Tim Hortons employees then gather at the drive-thru window, before asking, "Are you ok?!", "Do you like coffee?!" and "Disclaimer: You might die!"
Reply to @that_oliers_fan.97 @timhortons #waynegretzky #coffee #timhortons #timhortonssecretmenu #timmies #timmiesboy #CoversForLovers #fyp #foryou
In another clip, a customer orders the drink following a recommendation from a staff member. He tries the beverage, which he says has "really like one drop of coffee."
Upon tasting it, he adds, "that's gross," and rates it as a two out of ten.
If you’re Canadian and live next to Tim Hortons it is your duty to order a 9x9 #foryoupage #Gretzky#timmys #canadian
Earlier this year, a Timmies employee told Narcity that they do recognize the code name when somebody uses it to order a 9x9 coffee, but said that people should avoid ordering it as it's just so unhealthy.
"Nine creams, nine sugars is totally outrageous," they said. "Nobody needs that diabetic coma."
Reply to @khaoschicken451 you got it to 10k likes so here is Wayne Gretzky #timhortons #canadian #canadians #canada #secretmenu
Timmies employees have previously shared all of the ways Canadians are using the drive-thru wrong, and while ordering a Gretzky isn't one of them, it's surprising how many things we're actually totally messing up. Oops!
Narcity reached out to Tim Hortons about the unique off-menu item. This article will be updated if and when a response is received.
This article's right-hand cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Tim Hortons Menu Hacks Are Being Shared By A Canadian ... ›
- Tim Hortons Orders Are Being Revealed On TikTok By Canadians ... ›
- Ontario TikToker Made The Teeniest Tim Hortons Products & It's The ... ›
- I Ordered A 'Wayne Gretzky' Coffee From Tim Hortons & It Tastes Like Regret (PHOTO) - Narcity ›
- This TikToker Ordered A ‘Stanley Cup’ From Tim Hortons & He Says It’s 10/10 (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Tim Hortons Is Ditching Red Cups At Some Locations & The Replacement Is All Grey (PHOTO) - Narcity ›
- 6 Ways A Tim Hortons Employee Says Customers Are Ordering Totally Wrong - Narcity ›
- Tim Hortons Employees Claim That Canadians Are Using The Drive Thru Completely Wrong - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Tim Hortons Was Lacking A Trash Can & A Graveyard Of Cups Is Growing (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Tim Hortons Is Launching A New Donut With Special Olympics Canada & It's Got A Little Bit Of Everything (PHOTO) - Narcity ›
- Roll Up The Rim Is Returning To Tim Hortons On March 7 & Here's What You Can Win - Narcity ›
- Tim Hortons Just Dropped A Brand New Drink For Spring & I Tried It So You Don't Have To - Narcity ›
- An Ontario Tim Hortons Drive-Thru Now Has An Automated Conveyor Belt & It Feels Like 2052 - Narcity ›
- Justin Bieber & Shawn Mendes' Fav Coffee Chain Tim Hortons Is Coming Soon To Georgia & Texas - Narcity ›
- I Tried Tim Hortons' Brand New 'Loaded Bowl' & It's Only Slightly Better Than A Bowl Of Mush - Narcity ›
- Tim Hortons Has So Many Timbits Flavours That Don't Exist Anymore & Some Sound Delicious - Narcity ›
- These Tim Hortons Orders Are Being Modified By Canadians So They'll Taste Better - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Casting Call Will Pay You Up To $2,400 If You Love Tim Hortons' Breakfast - Narcity ›
- An American Asked Canadians How Bad Tim Hortons Coffee 'Really' Is & People Were Brutally Honest - Narcity ›
- A Newcomer Tried The 'Most Canadian' Tim Hortons Donut & It Might Not Be The One You Think - Narcity ›