There are some pretty cool career options out there.
Finding a job that is going to pay you well and doesn't require a lot of schooling can be tough.
Luckily someone sparked a helpful conversation, asking people in B.C. who make over $35 an hour what they do for work and how much schooling they did to get there.
While some people needed to go to school for these well-paying jobs, there were a few that didn't require any degrees.
B.C. has a high cost of living, with Vancouver's median rent for a one-bedroom place sitting at $2,200 — so any tips on how to get paid more are probably more than welcome.
The Reddit user who asked the question said that she is 28 years old and lives in Victoria. She was considering going back to school, with the goal of getting a job that pays over $35 per hour.
So, she turned to the world of Reddit to help figure out how to make it possible, and people came forward in droves.
Some careers were kind of niche, but apparently, there's a huge demand for them. Going into a field like those could make it way easier to get a job right out of school.
The thread gave some great tips.
While some didn't need a school degree, you would have to put in time doing an apprenticeship. It might be worth the pay though.
A lot of people in the thread suggested getting into the trades. School is required, but it sounds more flexible than some other degrees out there.
There were some great suggestions and high salaries.
So many interesting jobs were listed that would make almost anyone consider a career change.
Some don't require school but do require lots of bravery.
People were super helpful and ready to give lots of information about their career paths.
Trades made a few appearances and came highly recommended by people in the thread.
If you're looking to switch things up in your career, now you have some ideas to look into!
- The Best Employers For Young People In Canada Were Just ... ›
- People In BC Are Sharing How They Make Extra Money On The ... ›
- You Can Get Paid To Try On Lululemon Clothes & It's The Perfect ... ›
- You Can Get Paid $600 A Day To Swim In The Sea In BC & No Acting Experience Is Required - Narcity ›
- 7 Tips For How To Save Money If You Live In Vancouver & You're Broke AF - Narcity ›
- 6 Jobs In Vancouver That Are Actually Super Fun & Some Have Awesome Benefits - Narcity ›
- Here's How People In Vancouver Save Money On Groceries & Damn, There Are Some Good Tips - Narcity ›
- 6 Casting Calls In Vancouver Right Now & Some Will Pay You $315 A Day - Narcity ›
- 6 Toronto Jobs At Pinterest That Come With Pretty Unreal Benefits - Narcity ›
- TransLink Is Hiring For So Many Different Jobs & Some Pay Over $78K - Narcity ›
- 7 Remote Jobs In Vancouver Where You Can Work From Home & They Don't Require A Degree - Narcity ›
- 6 Side Hustles In Vancouver Where You Can Make Some Extra Money On The Side - Narcity ›
- The BC Government Is Hiring For So Many Roles & Some Pay Over $100K - Narcity ›
- Parks Canada Jobs Are Available In BC & Some Pay Up To $80K - Narcity ›
- The City Of Vancouver Is Hiring So Many Election Day Jobs & Some Pay Over $500 Per Day - Narcity ›
- Government Of Canada Is Hiring For A Bunch Jobs In BC & Some Pay Over $100K - Narcity ›