Vancouver Weather Forecast Is Calling For 'Significant Snowfall' & An 'Extended Ski Season'
The snow won't just be in the mountains this year ⛰️
A winter weather forecast for 2021/22 just dropped and B.C. is getting hit by even more stormy weather. Snow is going to come down throughout the province — even in the usually snow-free city of Vancouver.
The Weather Network's forecast said that "a stormy pattern is expected to continue across southern B.C. through the winter season," which is going to bring lots of snow to the mountains, especially.
The snow is going to be "significant" even in lower elevations though, "including Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, Victoria, and the Okanagan Valley," said the forecast.
The chillier-than-normal weather is going to last "well into March," the forecast added, making for an "extended ski season."
The coldest weather though is still going to be in January and February for the most part.
Looks like this year it might take a little longer for the patios to open up.
The news that Vancity is going to get significant snowfall is surprising, since in 2021 the city only got a grand total of 12.6 centimetres of snowfall, according to the Vancouver Historical Snowfall website.
To put that in perspective, Vancouver has gotten 1,026.1 mm of rainfall in 2021, according to the website. So typically, the snow doesn't have a chance to stay around for long.
This winter looks like it might be different though, so it could be time to pull out the warm winter coats and prepare for some snowy days.
AccuWeather's winter forecast has also predicted "abundant snowfall" for B.C., due to the weather phenomenon La Niña.
- David Suzuki Warns That 'Pipelines Will Be Blown Up' If Nothing ... ›
- A Couple In BC Returned To Their Home After The Floods & It's ... ›
- BC's Winter Weather Forecast Looks Brutal As La Nina & Another ... ›
- BC Is Having Its Hottest December Weather On Record & Here's Why That's Actually Bad - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Weather Forecast Calls For The First Snow Of The Season Today & It's A Slushy Mess - Narcity ›
- Vancouver's Huge Suspension Bridges Are Being Prepped For 'Ice Bombs' & Here's How It Works - Narcity ›
- A BC Photographer Captured 2021's Brightest Comet & Here's How You Can See It Again Next Week - Narcity ›
- BC Weather Forecast Is Calling For A Winter Storm & Up To 50 cm Of Snow In Some Spots - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Weather Forecast Is Calling For Its Coldest & Snowiest End To December Since 2008 - Narcity ›
- BC Weather Warning Calls For A 'Cold Arctic Ridge' Today & It'll Feel Like -20 C - Narcity ›
- A Backcountry Skier Got Lost Overnight On A Mountain In BC & It Was Dangerous Conditions - Narcity ›
- Vancouver's Hour-By-Hour Weather Forecast As 'Hazardous' Winter Snowstorm Hits - Narcity ›
- There's So Much Snow On Vancouver Island That Most Buses Had To Stop & The Roads Look Wild - Narcity ›
- These 3 Ski Destinations In BC & Alberta Were Just Ranked Among The Best In The World - Narcity ›
- Metro Vancouver Weather Is About To Become A Snowy Mess & Travel Is Going To Be 'Tricky' - Narcity ›
- Vancouver's Weather Is Bringing 'Unusually Cold Temperatures & 90 km/h Winds For Some Areas - Narcity ›
- Western Canada's Spring Weather Forecast Is Out & You Can Blame 'La Niña' For How It Looks - Narcity ›
- A Huge Spring Storm Is Set To Bring Up To 40 cm Of Snow To Parts Of BC - Narcity ›
- Vancouver's Weather Is Calling For A Blast Of Spring Warmth But It's For One Day Only - Narcity ›
- BC's Weather Forecast Calls For Up To 25 cm Of Snow This Week & Here's When To Get A Shovel - Narcity ›