Canada's Winter Weather Forecast Just Dropped & It's Going To Be So Cold & Snowy As Heck
-40 C temps are coming, folks! 🥶
While it might seem a bit early to be staring down the barrel of winter, Canada's weather forecast suggests that a cold, snowy December through February is in store across the country.
According to long-range weather forecaster Farmers' Almanac, the upcoming winter weather in Canada will be cold across the board with some chilly, intense storms rolling through some regions.
The almanac is predicting storms to come through most of Canada's Maritimes this winter. And with those come lots of snow, slush and rain, in case you needed something to look forward to!
Heading west, the provinces of Ontario and Quebec will see more precipitation in the form of good old-fashioned snow.
And while lots of the white stuff is in the cards, it's unknown if it'll be anything like last year's snowfall.
However, it's predicted that a winter storm in February could bring up to 60 centimetres of snow in Ontario, Quebec and other more eastern provinces.
And to make matters worse, a blast of arctic air in January could mean temperatures that dip all the way down to minus 40 for Ontario and everything east of it. Eek!
Somewhat unsurprisingly, the prairies are expecting to get hit with lots of snow and cold throughout January and February as well. Along with the snowfall, expect some "bitter cold" days, especially in the first week of January.
As for the westernmost province, the almanac is predicting the usual winter precipitation for B.C., but brisker temperatures — which bodes well for the ski season.
As the cold winter comes to an end in March 2023, we can then expect a "lion-like" transition into spring with weather ranging from snow and thunderstorms to lots of rain.
So, in case you've been complaining about wild Canadian summer temperatures lately, maybe think twice and enjoy not having to wear five layers just to go outside!
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- The Weather In Ontario Is About To Get 'Bumpy' But There's Good ... ›
- Ontario's Winter Weather Forecast Was Just Revealed & Here's When To Expect Heavy Snow - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Has A Chance For Flooding Today Due To Possible 'Torrential Rainfall' - Narcity ›
- Heat Warnings Are In Effect All Over Canada & The Weather Is Going To Get Sweltering - Narcity ›
- Winter In Canada Is Coming Soon & Here's When The First Snowfall Will Hit Each Province - Narcity ›
- A Weather Phenomenon Could Make Winter In Canada 'More Active' With 'Persistent Bouts' Of Cold - Narcity ›
- Parts Of Canada Are Getting Winter Weather In August With Snow & Single-Digit Temperatures - Narcity ›
- Canada's Fall Forecast Calls For A 'Tale Of Two Coasts' With Arctic Air & Warm Temperatures - Narcity ›
- The US Winter Weather Forecast Is Out & The West Coast Is In For 'The Best Of Winters' - Narcity ›
- Canada's New Winter Forecast Calls For An Early Start To The Season & 'Bouts Of Sneaky Cold' - Narcity ›
- The US Winter Weather Forecast Calls For 'Record' Cold & 'Loads' Of Snow In The Northeast - Narcity ›
- Canada's Month-By-Month Fall Forecast For Each Province Is Out & Snow Is Coming For All Of Us - Narcity ›
- A US Heat Dome Will Impact Canada's Weather Over Labour Day Weekend & It's Looking Chaotic - Narcity ›
- Canada's Month-By-Month Winter Forecast For Each Province Reveals When Snowstorms Will Hit - Narcity ›
- A Newcomer To Canada Is Asking For Advice For Winter & He Already Looks So Cold (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Most Of Canada Is Forecast To Get Snow In The Next Week & A Shot Of Arctic Air Is Coming Too - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Predicts Nastiest Pattern In Weeks & Here's Where It'll Snow - Narcity ›
- I Went Shopping For Winter Clothes In Canada For The First Time & It Was The Worst Thing Ever - Narcity ›
- This New Winter Forecast Says Parts Of Canada Are In For 'A Quicker Start To Winter' Than Usual - Narcity ›
- Canada's Winter Weather Is Back & The First Major Snowfall Dropped 40 cm Of Snow (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Canada's New White Christmas Forecast Is Out & Here's Where Snow Will Come Down - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Is Calling For Snow Again & Things Are Going To Get Messy - Narcity ›
- Nearly All Of The Coldest Places in The World Are In Canada & Temps Feel As Low As -53 Degrees - Narcity ›
- Ontario Weather Forecast Is Predicting The 'Biggest Snowfall' Event Of The Year This Week - Narcity ›
- Ontario's February Weather Forecast Calls For More Arctic Vibes & Here's What To Expect - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Calls For Extreme Warmth This Week Like Summer Has Come Early - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Calls For Even More Snow This Week & Winter Is Definitely Not Over - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Predicts 'Most Impactful' Snow Storm Of The Season This Weekend - Narcity ›
- Parts Of Ontario Are Under A Winter Storm Warning Today & These Spots Could Get Hit The Worst - Narcity ›