A Lotto Max Winner Went To The Shops To Buy Peanuts & Took Home The $70 Million Jackpot
You can buy a lot of peanuts with that!
This B.C. woman broke the record for largest Lotto Max winner ever in the province with a $70 million jackpot from the September 28, 2021 draw.
Christine Lauzon said that she bought her very lucky ticket at Shoppers Drug Mart with a pack of peanuts.
"I have definitely dreamed about it but I never thought it would actually happen. You never think it's going to happen," she said.
Lauzon used Quick Pick to choose her winning numbers and after discovering that she won, she told her roommate and then her father.
She said: "I feel nervous and excited all in one...I can't fully wrap my head around it all right now. I am so excited for what is to come."
Christine also said that she will gift some of her prize to her immediate family.
Other people in the province have scored some big lottery wins too. One person told his wife the exciting news, but she thought that he was lying at first. Another Lotto Max winner thought his friend was pranking him!
- This BC Woman Just Won A $500K Lotto Prize After Losing ... ›
- BC Lotto Winners 'Started Shaking' After Finding Out Their ... ›
- This BC Lottery Winner Just Became A Millionaire & An Instant ... ›
- Lotto Jackpot Winner Forgot His Glasses So A Girl At The Gas Station Told Him He'd Won $10M - Narcity ›
- A Lottery Winner In BC Had Half A Million Reasons To Wake His Mom Up Super Early - Narcity ›
- BC Lottery Winner Found Out He'd Won $675K In Starbucks & He's Wasting No Time Spending It - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner Forgot To Check His Tickets & Realized He'd Won $1M In The Gas Station - Narcity ›
- A Lottery Winner In BC Said The Gas Station Employee Was 'More Excited' That He Was - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winners From BC Say They'll Give Their Restaurant Staff A Bonus For The Holidays - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner From BC Only Bought A Ticket Because His Co-Workers Were Buying One - Narcity ›
- Lottery Winners In BC Won $891 Million In 2021 & One Woman Hit The Lotto Max Jackpot - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner From BC Is Treating Herself To A Shopping Trip Of A Lifetime - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner From BC 'Had To Do A Double Take' & His Wife Didn't Believe Him - Narcity ›
- A Lotto Winner In BC Is Going To Take Her First Trip Outside Of Canada & 'Treat Herself' - Narcity ›
- Lotto Winner Found Out She'd Won While Getting A Haircut & Left The Salon In Shock - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner From BC Thought He'd Won $500 & Then His Wife Saw What The Actual Prize Was - Narcity ›
- A Lotto Winner In BC Got 'Really Emotional' When He Told His Parents About The Huge Win - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winners From BC Are Buying Their Mom A House After A 'Life-Changing' Win - Narcity ›
- BC Lotto Winners Went To Walmart To Buy Their Grandchild A Swimsuit & Left With $675K - Narcity ›
- A Lotto Winner From BC Will Travel To 2 Bucket List Destinations With Her Huge Win - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner From BC Did 'A Double-Take' After Realizing He'd Won In A Very Random Way - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner In BC Thought The Machine Was Broken & Now Is Going On Her Dream Trip - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max's $31 Million Jackpot Has Been Won & It's The Biggest Lottery Win In The Province - Narcity ›
- BC Lotto Max Winner's Assistant Read The Number Wrong & Thought He Won Was Less At First - Narcity ›
- Lotto 6/49 Winner In BC Bought A Ticket To Celebrate Landing A New Job & Won Big That Night - Narcity ›
- A Group Of BC Co-Workers Won $7M Playing The Lottery Together & One 'Started Shaking' - Narcity ›
- A Lotto Winner In BC Had To Re-Check His Ticket & His Heart 'Skipped A Beat' - Narcity ›
- Lotto 6/49 Winner In BC Thought She Won $1K & Started Shaking When She Noticed Extra Commas - Narcity ›
- A BC Lotto 6/49 Winner's Family Didn't Believe Her When She Told Them About The Big Win - Narcity ›